We’re excited to announce the availability of version 1.4 Beta of BadgeOS, the powerful, free achievement and engagement management system. At the centerpiece of the latest version is the new BadgeOS Shortcode Embedder, which allows you to easily add BadgeOS components to any page or post using a simple configuration panel.
In advance of its appearance in the WordPress.org plugin directory, we invite members of the BadgeOS community to download and try the beta release. See download details below.
What’s new in v1.4 Beta?
- Added: BadgeOS Shortcode Embedder – Easily add and configure BadgeOS shortcodes in any content area of your site.
- Added: Submission Manager Role selector – allow users to moderate submissions without granting them full access to BadgeOS administration.
- Added: Submission Notification Admin Settings – Specify an unlimited number of email addresses in a comma-separated list for submission admin notifications.
- Added: Submission Notifications to users who have made a submission.
- Added: Several new submission notification types: new submission, new comment, and submission status change
- Added: User Email Notification Setting – Users can opt-out of email notifications in the profile editor.
- Updated: Submission status can now be altered on the front-end from approved to denied or back again.
- Updated: Admin area for editing a submission now uses the same approve/deny buttons as the rest of the site.
- Updated: Submission Lists are now highly customizable via WP hooks. The search input, filter inputs, and even the results can be altered programatically.
- Updated: Many, many internationalization enhancements. Help us release BadgeOS in your language!
- Fixed: Prevent users from repeatedly earning auto-approved submissions
- Fixed: Submissions List status filter now indicates the displayed status on page load
[hr][box type=”info” size=”large” style=”rounded” border=”full”]Update: BadgeOS v1.4.0 Beta 2 is now available. See more recent blog post for information and link to download Beta 2.[/box] [hr]Try BadgeOS 1.4 Beta
We plan to push 1.4 up for general release on or about May 22, 2014. In the mean time, we encourage you to download and try 1.4 Beta, provide us feedback and post any issues to GitHub. Below are details on how to try the Beta.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This release is a beta and should not be run on your production sites. While it has undergone thorough testing and should be release ready, as with any beta plugin, there is always a chance that issues that could affect your site have not yet been detected. As such, please only use this beta on staging or development sites.
Installing the Beta
You can install BadgeOS 1.4.0 beta in the same way that you install any WordPress plugin. First, you’ll need to download a zip from our releases page, then unzip the contents and rename the resulting folder to “badgeos”. From here you can either re-zip and upload via the WP admin area (Plugins > Add New > Upload), or you can manually upload via sFTP/SSH to wp-content/plugins/ and replace your existing copy of badgeos.
Download the latest 1.4.0 Beta at:
Note: You must re-name the directory before uploading. Again, it is important to note that you must unzip the directory, rename the resulting folder to “badgeos” and then re-zip it, all prior to pushing to your site.
As mentioned above, it is important to note that you must unzip the directory, rename the resulting folder to “badgeos” and then re-zip it, all prior to pushing to your site to replace the beta version.
In this moment, there are no known issues with the beta itself. Anyone who finds an issue is encouraged to first search the issues at https://github.com/opencredit/badgeos/issues?labels=&state=open and ensure it hasn’t already been logged. If it has, please comment to let us know that others are experiencing the same problem. If it is a new issue, please log it as such and label it as a “bug” and connect it to the 1.4.0 milestone: