Thanks to feedback and contributions from members of the BadgeOS community, we’re excited to announce the availability of version 1.4 Beta 2 of BadgeOS, the powerful, free achievement and engagement management system.
Following the announcement of BadgeOS v1.4.0 beta, several updates have made to the core plugin. See info and link below for downloading and installing the latest version from GitHub.
What’s new in v1.4.0?
Items in green below have been updated between 1.4.0 beta and 1.4.0 beta 2.
- Added: BadgeOS Shortcode Embedder – Easily add and configure BadgeOS shortcodes in any content area of your site.
- Added: Submission Manager Role selector – allow users to moderate submissions without granting them full access to BadgeOS administration.
- Added: Submission Notification Admin Settings – Specify an unlimited number of email addresses in a comma-separated list for submission admin notifications.
- Added: Submission Notifications to users who have made a submission.
- Added: Several new submission notification types: new submission, new comment, and submission status change
- Added: User Email Notification Setting – Users can opt-out of email notifications in the profile editor.
- Added: New trigger for commenting on specific posts.
- Added: Many hooks for modifying shortcodes, submission lists, and more.
- Updated: Submission status can now be altered on the front-end from approved to denied or back again.
- Updated: Admin area for editing a submission now uses the same approve/deny buttons as the rest of the site.
- Updated: Submission Lists are now highly customizable via WP hooks. The search input, filter inputs, and even the results can be altered programatically.
- Updated: Revised trigger for commenting on posts to only award when comment is approved.
- Updated: BadgeOS management role selector is hidden on the settings page to non-admins.
- Updated: Badgeos management role selector now excludes contributor and subscriber roles.
- Updated: Many, many internationalization enhancements. Help us release BadgeOS in your language!
- Fixed: BadgeOS settings can now be modified by the minimum selected management role.
- Fixed: Prevent users from repeatedly earning auto-approved submissions
- Fixed: Submissions List status filter now indicates the displayed status on page load
- Fixed: Several minor bugs.
Try BadgeOS 1.4 Beta 2
We plan to push out a 1.4.0 general release candidate following a review of BadgeoOS v.1.4.0 beta 2 by the community. We encourage you to download and try 1.4.0 Beta 2, provide us feedback and post any issues to GitHub. Below are details on how to try the Beta.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This release is a beta and should not be run on your production sites. While it has undergone thorough testing and should be release ready, as with any beta plugin, there is always a chance that issues that could affect your site have not yet been detected. As such, please only use this beta on staging or development sites.
Installing the Beta
You can install BadgeOS 1.4.0 beta 2 in the same way that you install any WordPress plugin. First, you’ll need to download a zip from our releases page, then unzip the contents and rename the resulting folder to “badgeos”. From here you can either re-zip and upload via the WP admin area (Plugins > Add New > Upload), or you can manually upload via sFTP/SSH to wp-content/plugins/ and replace your existing copy of badgeos.
Download the latest 1.4.0 Beta 2 at:
Note: You must re-name the directory before uploading. Again, it is important to note that you must unzip the directory, rename the resulting folder to “badgeos” and then re-zip it, all prior to pushing to your site.
Downgrading to a previous release
All earlier releases can be downloaded at:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/badgeos/developers or https://github.com/opencredit/badgeos/releases.
As mentioned above, it is important to note that you must unzip the directory, rename the resulting folder to “badgeos” and then re-zip it, all prior to pushing to your site to replace the beta version.
Anyone who finds an issue is encouraged to first search the issues at https://github.com/opencredit/badgeos/issues?labels=&state=open and ensure it hasn’t already been logged. If it has, please comment to let us know that others are experiencing the same problem. If it is a new issue, please log it as such and label it as a “bug” and connect it to the 1.4.0 milestone:
Leave A Comment