Unlike what its name implies, BadgeOS gives you access to other gamification elements, beyond badges. Additionally, the BadgeOS plugin allows you to use points and ranks to build a reward system.
We have noticed some of our users are unaware of how BadgeOS can be used to award and deduct points to their users. Rather than using two separate plugins for badges and points, using BadgeOS as a stand-alone gamification solution allows you to create a reward system that runs smoothly.
By having all elements of your gamification system handled by a single plugin, all parts will be able to connect and interact with each other. Using BadgeOS as your single gamification solution you can award badges, points, and ranks together. For example, you can reward points for earning badges and ranks or vice versa.
Awarding and Deducting Points With BadgeOS
With BadgeOS you can create unlimited point types. For example, you could create point types such as gold, gems, credits, etc. You can choose whichever point names that best fit your branding and website. Then, you can determine how each point type is earned and deducted.
You can use the following triggers to award or deduct point types with BadgeOS core:
- Log in to the website
- Not login for X days
- Comment on a post
- Comment on a specific post
- Publish a new post
- Visit a post
- Publish a new page
- Visit a page
- Register to the website
- Daily visit to the website
- Specific Achievement
- Any achievement of a type
- All achievements of type
Additionally, you have access to many more triggers with each of our integrations and add-ons. For example:
- With LMS integrations, you can reward students in your e-learning site with points for completing a course or lesson or passing a quiz. Points can also be deducted for actions such as failing a quiz.
- On a membership site, you can award points to users for subscribing to any or a specific membership.
- Award points to users when they share your pages or post on social media with the Share2Earn Add-on.
- With the Community Add-on, you can award points to your BuddyPress members for sending friend requests, updating their profile, and other social interactions.
Awarding Badges And Points Together
If you use both badges and points in your reward system, you also have the option to award both of them at once. BadgeOS allows you to award points along with any badge or achievement. All you have to do is specify the number of points and point type to be awarded on the badge’s edit page.
Award Badges and Ranks When Users Earn Points
Another way to integrate points with other BadgeOS elements is to use point requirements to award badges and ranks. When creating a new badge, you can select a “minimum point requirement” for the badge to be awarded. At the same time, you have the option to “allow reach with points” for any rank.
BadgeOS allows you to gamify any WordPress site using both badges and points. We hope that this post has given you some ideas on how you can use BadgeOS points in your reward system. You can find more information about how to use BadgeOS gamification elements in the documentation section. If you have any comments or questions, please let us know in the comments below.