BadgeOS is very pleased to partner with Wooninjas, a leading provider of WordPress professional services. Over the last 6 months, the team at Wooninjas have gone through all the major issues reported by the user community through our private forums and WP.org. They have successfully resolved a list of most reported issues and released 2 major version updates since. The latest versions V1.4.9 and V1.4.10 of BadgeOS plugin are now compatible with the latest PHP version 7.1 and it has been also tested on previous PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0.
These plugin versions are also tested with the latest WordPress version and it is functioning perfectly fine. Let’s talk about some of the major updates in the new version updates in detail.
Major Updates in V1.4.9
- Compatibility with PHP 7.x (Tested upto PHP v7.1).
- Front end submission html formatting is also fixed.
- The issue of PHP warnings on front end submission has been resolved.
- We have added Sanity check for $comment_data variable.
- A new “configurable option” is added which allows users to delete plugin data upon uninstalling.
- A new feature for 50% Portuguese (Brazilian) translation has been added.
Major Updates in V1.4.10
- The issue about “attachments not being saved” is resolved and fixed now
- Compatibility with PHP 7.x (Tested up to PHP v7.2) has been tested.
- Users can now attach files as submissions or commenting on any submission regardless of post status
- Added defensive code checks to improve the plugin’s performance (Thanks @Jon007 for his contribution)
- New feature is added where users have the option to “Delete All Log Entries” from database. Deleting entries from database will be a background task so admin can navigate to other pages rather than waiting to complete the process. The option can be found at Log Entries page.
- Users now have the option to toggle “BadgeOS log entries” enable/disable log entries. The option can be found on “Settings page”.
We are going to continue to add more amazing features in the very near future as we are now regularly reviewing the feedback from the community and actively responding. We are particularly excited about the next version update as it will include the most requested feature of separating the points and badges in BadgeOS. This will open up a lot of new possibilities in BadgeOS and we will write a separate post about this soon.
BadgeOS Add-ons Updates:
- We have updated BadgeOS Group Management Add-on. This Add-on allows you to create groups on the website where you can configure teachers, students and administrators accordingly.
- We have also released an updated version of BadgeOS Suggested Achievements Add-on.