BadgeOS™ turns your WordPress site into an achievement and badging system. And with BuddyPress enabled on your site, achievements are not only awarded by demonstrating skills and knowledge, but also by participating in community activities. Define the achievements, organize the badge requirements any way you like, and choose from and combine a range of assessment and community activity options to determine whether each task or requirement has been achieved.
Earned badges are Mozilla OBI compatible and sharable via Credly, the free web service for recognizing and displaying lifelong achievement.
New ways to define achievements and give badges for community activity
In addition to all of the out-of-the-box features in BadgeOS core, this add-on allows you to award badges based on these additional triggers:
- Profile Updates:
- Activated Account
- Change Profile Avatar
- Update Profile information
- Social Actions:
- Write an Activity Stream message
- Write a Group Activity Stream message
- Reply to an item in an Activity Stream
- Favorite an Activity Stream item
- Send a Friendship Request
- Accept a Friendship Request
- Send/reply to a Private Message
- Group Actions:
- Create a Group
- Join a Group
- Join a Specific Group
- Invite Someone to Join a Group
- Get Promoted to Group Moderator/Administrator
- Promote another Group Member to Group Moderator/Administrator
- Write a Group Activity Stream message for a specific group
- Invite someone to join a specific group
- Promoted to a specific Group Moderator/Administrator
- Discussion Forum Actions:
- Add a New Forum Topic
- Reply to a Forum Topic
- Create a specific Forum Topic
- Reply to a specific Forum Topic
Social Display of Badges and Achievements:
- Display earned badges and achievements of any kind on user profiles
- Add activity updates to user Activity Stream when badges and achievements are earned
- Each user may share his or her earned badges on social networks via Credly
User and BadgeOS Settings:
- BadgeOSadmin setting to select which custom BadgeOS achievement types should be displayed on user profiles
- BadgeOSadmin setting to select which custom BadgeOS achievement types should be displayed in Activity Streams
- User can adjust Credly sharing settings from community profile settings
Combine Community Steps with BadgeOS Steps in Defining Achievements
- Simple interface for defining the “Required Steps” for any badge or achievement seamlessly integrates community actions
- Easily define achievements that rely on both BadgeOS required steps and community actions
- Easily link together one or more triggers, steps or actions into the conditions needed to earn any badge or mark an achievement.
Community Badges are Sharable with Credly Integration
- As with the BadgeOS core plugin, community badges are Mozilla Open Badge (OBI) compatible through the integration of the “Open Credit” API by Credly, the free web service for issuing, earning, and sharing badges.
- Badges you create in BadgeOS automatically appear and update on Credly
- Use the Credly iOS app to issue community badges you created on your WordPress/BuddyPress/BadgeOS site.
- As badges are earned on WordPress/BuddyPress, they can be automatically sent to Credly for easy sharing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Mozilla Backpack, the earner’s own web site, blog, or Credly profile.