The BadgeOS Rest API Add-on allows you to use the WordPress REST API interface to send and receive JSON data between BadgeOS and external applications. Using the REST API you can establish communication between the BadgeOS environment and other applications or non-WordPress sites. This allows developers who have to work on multiple systems to award badges/ranks/points from 3rd party applications.
With the BadgeOS REST API Add-on you’ll be able to:
- Send and receive JSON data.
- Create an API Key with read, read and write, or admin restricted read and write permissions.
- Use BadgeOS endpoints, which are available for all BadgeOS post types including achievements, points, and ranks.
Use Case Examples
- If you have an e-learning site on a non-WordPress environment, you could use BadgeOS to award achievements on course completion using REST API.
- Another way developers can use the REST API is to award BadgeOS points to users when they purchase a product on a non-WordPress site or external application.
View Change Log